Academic Year 2022-2023
For the 2022-2023 Academic Year, Chuckery Primary School has been awarded a Sports Premium Grant of £19,540.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Our approach to spending the Sport Premium Grant has been For the 2021-2022 Academic Year in the following ways:
Increasing the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity and providing broad experiences through a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils by:
- Employing Teaching Assistants during lunchtimes to run physical activity sessions and, support physical activity including skipping, dance, ball games, gardening etc
- Purchase of equipment, additional kit etc.
- Purchase of additional swimming coaching sessions and pool time
Ensuring the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement and developing increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport by:
- Supporting the PE coordinator to develop her own subject leadership enabling PE to be appropriately monitored, the impact assessed and development opportunities identified.
Increasing participation in competitive sport by
- Developing a number of sporting teams to take part in the cross-federation/school competitions ensuring they have appropriate coaching and support to be successful
- Providing cover for staff to accompany children to sporting events
- Providing transport and equipment for teams to take part in competitive sports at other schools
- Hire of sports facilities to enable children to partake in competitive sports activities
Broadening the range of sports activities available to all pupils by: