2020-2021 Academic Year
For the 2020-2021 Academic Year, Chuckery Primary School has been awarded a Sports Premium Grant of £19,480
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Our approach to spending the Sport Premium Grant has been For the 2020-2021 Academic Year in the following ways:
Increasing the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity and providing broad experiences through a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils by:
- Employing Teaching Assistants during lunchtimes to run physical activity sessions and, once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, to run activity stations and support physical activity including skipping, dance, ball games, gardening etc
- provide additional swimming provision for pupils not meeting Age related expectation by the end of Year 6 once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
Ensuring the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement and developing increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport by:
- Supporting the PE coordinator to develop her own expertise and subject leadership by providing opportunities to work with other schools within the Cadmus Family of Schools
Increasing participation in competitive sport by
- Developing a number of sporting teams to take part in the cross-federation activities ensuring they have appropriate coaching and support to be successful once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted
- Providing cover for staff to accompany children to sporting events
- Providing transport and equipment for teams to take part in competitive sports at other schools
Broadening the range of sports activities available to all pupils by:
- Employing sports coaches and Chuckery staff to deliver a wide range of sports clubs after school currently including Laser Tag, Netball, Football, Archery etc Once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Employing sports coaches to provide a range of sporting activities 3 days a week during lunch times Once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.